Saturday, September 10, 2011

Peep Show


Click on image to watch an episode (NSFW)

I couldn't wait for the BBC iPlayer to become available in the US so I setup a UK Proxy Server (xroxy.com ~$10/month) so I could watch it.  It's not as good as I'd hoped.  Apparently I don't have the bandwidth to stream iPlayer, but I was able to download programmes to watch later.  However, iPlayer is mainly limited to repeats of shows aired in the last few weeks and I couldn't watch my favourite shows from the 70's.

So I took a peek at Channel 4 and discovered this comedy called Peep Show. The last time I laughed this hard was watching "The Germans" episode of Fawlty Towers back in the mid 70's. Yeah, it's that good. And I real like the characters played by David Mitchell and Robert Webb. I laugh just looking at them and listening to there accents and inflection.

So I sat down and watched all 42 current episodes over a few days. Fantastic. No laugh track. Everything is shot with one camera in real locations in London - no studio.  I had fun too using Google Maps and Street View to look around their outdoor shooting locations.

No comments: