Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fast Food Row

The worst time to be in the vicinity of Fast Food row is in your car during lunch hour. The traffic around the area feels like it's quadrupled, mostly because hungry patrons are wanting to go to the drive-thru at McDonald's or Taco Bell. Rear ends of cars often stick out due to the backup, waiting to turn left into the drive-thru and impede other cars trying to pass. Then there are the drivers that speed in and out of the parking lot. Or the drivers that have gone past the correct parking lot and end up U-turning in the driveway entrance to my office.

What is most noticeable to me is that SUV's and trucks are the dominant type of car that visit these restaurants. No surprise to me. I've never been a fan of SUV's or trucks, never owned or wanted one. Most people who drive them don't need them. I find that many of them driving SUV's are those that shouldn't be visiting fast food restaurants (obese and immobile).

The ultimate in laziness and waste are those from my office that drive to Fast Food row. Incredible.

Originally posted by Lani Chin on Lani's Fog Blog Wednesday Sept, 27th.

No comments: