Thursday, September 06, 2007

Treo 650 vs Treo 755 vs iPhone

Two weeks ago I switched from a Cingular Treo 650 to a Sprint Treo 755.
Both 'phones use the Palm OS. Both phones have similar features. Both services cost about the same. The main difference is the Sprint Treo has EVDO ("wireless broadband").

In my ignorance, I thought "wireless broadband" would be as fast as the broadband service we have at home. Nope. It is much faster than Cingular GPRS service, but not fast enough to justify being called "wireless broadband".

So, given that:

1) The EVDO is not as fast as I'd hoped.
2) The Sprint Treo 755 won't function as a mobile webcam (Cingular Treo 650 plus Cellimation is soooo cool!)
3) I can cancel my Sprint service before 30 days.
4) Apple yesterday announced a $200 drop in the price of the iPhone.

I've concluded that I'd be happier going back to Cingular and buying an iPhone when the time is right.


Categories:Gadgets

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So...now the question is: is it time to give the iPhone a 30 day try? At $400, it's almost palatable, and you get WiFi plus EDGE.