Thursday, February 21, 2008

Klein Update


I've started to swap parts over to my new bike. It now sports a Thompson seat post, Cane Creek seat post clamp, Specialized saddle, and Eggbeater pedals. Next will be the Easton handlebar and stem, Cane Creek brake levers, and Shimano XT brakes.

I need to count the teeth on the cog set. It might be 11-34, which is too wide for me. I might just swap the rear wheel from my old bike.

When I'm more fit I'll remove the front derailleur (but having said that, I must admit this is the first time I've ridden a bike where the front derailleur doesn't rub against the chain).

I had Roaring Mouse Cycles replace the Manitou Mars C fork with a used Rock Shox Sid I bought on eBay. The fork is good, but the damping needs to be tuned.

On Monday I rode over to Mill Valley and back. The bike performed well. I, however, did not perform well. It will be weeks before I get into shape.

Categories:Sports

No comments: