Saturday, June 09, 2007

Treo Wireless Webcam

One gadget I've always wanted to have is a wireless webcam to display images in the sidebar of this blog. For the last month I've had a mobile webcam on the dashboard of the Mini while I drive to work between 2:45 and 4:00pm M-F. I thought this might be interesting to my family and other readers outside the States.

Here's how to do it:
I use free Cellicast software on my Treo 650 to periodically capture and upload images to the Cellicast server. I then use Evocam software to copy the image from their server and display it on the sidebar. That's it!

The Evocam software can be configured to make the Treo webcam active at certain times of the day. As with any webcam, you'll need to search the web for the HTML to include in your blog to automatically refresh the webcam image.

Categories:Gadgets

No comments: