Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Evernote

This is a free note organizer for the iPhone. Sounds pretty ordinary, but it works so well:

Use the iPhone camera or screen capture to take a photo of something with text in it. Save it to Evernote. The Evernote server uses OCR to pick out the words and use them as tags for the note! Every word of text, and every clear image of a word becomes a tag for that note. Finding that one particular note among hundreds of notes becomes easy. Amazing!

Example: Here's a page from Lani's Blog. It's a review of the Belkin Cush Top that I wanted to buy.

I used screen capture, then added the image to my Evernotes.
Later I couldn't remember the name of the product, but I did remember that the blog post included a mention of Lani's brother Sherman. I searched Evernotes for "Sherman" and located the correct note.


Categories:Gadgets

No comments: