The UCSF Parnassus campus is a hodgepodge of building styles squeezed on to the side of Mount Sutro. Its compactness is perhaps its only virtue. There is no open space. Most of the buildings are institutional multi-storey boxes.
The oldest remaining building on the UCSF Parnassus campus is the 1917 Beaux Arts Hall, now usually referred to as UC Hall. It was designed by Lewis P. Hobart who also designed Grace Cathedral on Nob Hill. The building is being considered for demolition in 2009.
To find out more, go to this site.
Categories:San Francisco Architecture