Monday, March 06, 2006

The Customer is Always Right

When a self-interested salesman cold-calls me on Sunday evening, or anytime, I feel indignant. My standard telephone technique is to say "I'm not interested, please don't call again", then hang up the receiver. Of course my phone number is on a "do not call" list which eliminates most of these calls, but it doesn't stop calls from companies and organizations to whom I may have made inquiries, or donations. Charities are easy enough to politely deflect. I just express my support and wish them luck. But a commercial enterprise calling me at home to get my money and boost there sales, profits and commissions... well that's another matter. I give these greedy capitalists a fraction of the time I have for a homeless person begging for money.

Categories:Consumer

No comments: