Thursday, April 20, 2006

Citroen DS

Jon Thompson in Wellington, NZ sent me this picture of his DS. He didn't say, but I'm guessing it's a later model DS21: "I bought it for a song early last year and we both love it [especially me]...I wake up in the morning still and walk out and sigh with pleasure at the sight of it."

Instantly recognizable as French (the front of the DS always reminded me of a frog!). The DS replaced the Traction Avant that had been in production for decades. It is an engineering marvel and an automotive icon. Available as a 4-door, estate/wagon and very rare two door convertible.

Notice the headlight faring. Unfortunately this was removed from US versions of the car to meet federal regulations.

His car is in great original condition with beautiful rich paint. I love it as much as Este does!

Categories:Friends Cars

No comments: